This is essentially the "Science Fair" project. An experimental mule engine. The long block is currently just a $200 craigslist engine I put new gaskets in. I did lap the valves on my bench and replace one exhaust valve. With the radical oil system modifications I've made, the reverse flow cooling setup and the EFI patch work, I wanted to make sure it all worked prior to spending good money on a good engine.

With the 4.56 gears it feels like a rocket ship! I'm going to take it 1/8 mile racing in July and I'm contemplating taking it to a chassis dyno as well. But currently, it is slow, and I don't have any estimate for ET's.

I'll be driving the car and R&D'ing this engine while I build my good engine. I already have a second block with cylinder walls that sonic checked twice as thick as this engine's, like wise I have a second crank, re-conditioned forged rods, a head that's been trued up to a true 12 port and had bronze valve guides installed, as well has hardened seats. Its ready to go to a porting shop at which point in time valves will be bought and the seats cut. I've bought a set of forged pistons already, just waiting on delivery. And of course the turbo camshaft I've mentioned a few times. Even with all this stuff, the turbo engine is at least a year out, so I figure I'll be driving this engine in the mean time so I may as well make an attempt to get it to quit blowing oil, so doing a quick R&R on it next month.

I got the e-mail Friday my 3/8 thick intake and exhaust flanges are done at the water jet company in Las Vegas. I'm going to pick them up June 9th when I'm driving through. I will start working on fabricating my turbo intake manifold at that point. It too will be bolted to this NA engine. Making sure everything fits, etc. As each piece comes together this engine very well may get a turbo put on it for a bit. As I'll want to make sure the intercooler lines up, plumb the turbo, etc. But there are some big costs that come with not just the turbo and intercooler purchase, but I will be getting a new radiator with built in 55gpm electric water pump to clear out the hoses I currently have and make room for a turbo to be mounted on the passengerside. I'm still debating on if I'm going to run two exhaust pipes to the turbo for a true twin scroll, or if I'll simply run one from my current collector.