We will see! I'd sure love to! I've got a week and a half then to fix the Chevy which should be plenty of time.

Alright, I've got some questions for you guys pertaining to the Mallory, and another distributor (Pertronix Flame Thrower II). Here goes: Our friend from the Bay Area Inliners sent us a Mallory Duel Point Distributor AND a Pertronix Flame Thrower II distributor (I was under the impression that the Pertronix deal was a bolt-on electronic ignition for the Mallory; I was wrong. Turned out to be a whole other distributor.) I personally would like to use the Mallory for nostalgic reasons, however I need help (1) adapting it to fit the GMC and (2) converting it over to electronic ignition for reliability purposes.

My first question pertains to fitting the Mallory to the 270 GMC engine. In the instructions (Pictures 2 & 3) they do not mention anything about how to hold the drive gear to the distributor shaft. Do we have to drill a hole through and press a pin through like the collar above it? Any crafty tricks to keep us from screwing this up?

My second question is about the Mallory conversion to electronic ignition. Ours is the duel-point "Double-Life" model. Can this conversion be done with these distributors? I've heard of it being done with other distributors, I just was wondering if anyone has done this with a Mallory?

Anyhow, for now I'll live with the new-fangled Pertronix rig because it is something we can just bolt in and run. It's already set up and ready to go. The Mallory will go in eventually but for now, I need my daily driver back!

1. Full Kit

2. Distributor & Gear Instructions

3. Drive Gear Instructions

4. Spark Plug Installation Instructions

5. Degree Key Instructions

6. Installation - Page 1

7. Installation - Page 2

8. Original Box & Stickers

Thanks and it's good to be back!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 05/29/14 02:30 AM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson