Great stories! I love it when the accused people come back to thumb their nose at the complainers! Good for you!

Our vineyard is just under 6 acres. Pretty small however, it and the house were here before California even became a state! Grandpa has owned it since the 70's. Over the years, housing developments have creeped in and surrounded the place. We now get complaints about dust, noise, sulfuring etc. regularly. The only difference is here, the law is NOT on our side! What used to be a small town has now become a medium size city, and we are in the middle of it! The battle continues, however during legal hours I always love to burn a few hot laps around the vineyard in a junkyard VW I got when I was 13 (which is the only car that consistently will start up and run around here!) It's good fun! Not as good as weening calfs though! Haha!

Well, all that good luck and "mechanic's dream" bull crap yesterday came back to bite me today. We got the rest of the distributor hooked up and tried it out. No spark. We pulled the distributor and put it in a distributor tester to find that the 60 year old points had corroded and messed up the contacts. A little points filing and the distributor went back in. Spark now, but not in the right order. Back out with the distributor to check that we were actually lined up with TDC on the number 1 cylinder. We played with that for a few hours until I realized that we had mistaken the TDC bead in the flywheel for the clutch bolts! Haha, watch for that! 7 TDC marks on the flywheel is bad! Back in with the distributor for the millionth time. Still not fixed. Check the condenser - cracked! Replace with condenser from old distributor. No difference! Fiddle with TDC distributor alignment some more. Finally, we gave it to our friend (the retired GM mechanic) to put back on his distributor tester for further testing. Now I'm going to stay up all night thinking about it. Woohoo!

Well Beater, I was really hoping to be able to say, "Count us in for the Rappin' to Minden" show next weekend, but I can't get it there unless it runs and I'm sure not going through the shame of trailering it again if we don't at least try to drive a little ways. No promises yet, but know that we're trying!

Thanks!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson