I'm sorry guys. I was not able to get the Chevy running. I still haven't! We cannot figure out what's wrong with the distributor. The Mallory is still over at our friend's house. I haven't heard from him lately, but don't really want to push it because he's doing this as a favor.

I've only got a few days left of my vacation before I have to go back to school for the summer. It ain't looking good for the Chevy as of now. Maybe our best bet is to throw one of the Pertronix electronic ignition kits into either the 216 Chevy distributor or the original 270 GMC distributor (whichever is the least worn out) and run it for now! I'm at a loss for what to do. That Mallory sure has us stumped though.

As for the neighbors, none of them leave their names or any sort of contact information for us. I wish I could come and talk to them or show them the car! They might lighten up if I did. ccjowett, that's a great story. I'm glad you two were able to work it out! War nerves are a scary thing. At least now he's in a place where he won't have to relive those nightmares.

Thanks!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 06/11/14 02:31 PM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson