It's nice to hear good things about the Pertronix. Seems like a solid rig.

Well, we finally got the Mallory back from our friend who found nothing had changed. We threw it back in for giggles and of course it didn't work. We finally gave in and threw the complete Pertronix distributor in. We had to beat in a spot on the side cover (which was painful) for it to fit, but now with the distributor in, it's not noticeable. The car runs good now! I'm just a little sore about ruining the whole "Period Correct Hotrod" deal. At least it runs!

Well, I'm back in school again! At least the weather is a little better this time around. I do have a little break at the end of summer, Beater! I've got a week off, thankfully! How much is going to get done on the Chevy is questionable however, because Grandpa will be up in Idaho for the annual trip and in desperate need of a Co-Driver (other than the dog) for the long journey back to California. Also, I am going to need a few days of that to get back over to Byesville, OH in order to start a 5-term Co-Op (similar to an internship) rebuilding big diesel engines for Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing in the Fall!

At this point, Christmas is looking like the next big Chevy fun fest! I'm sure now that it's running a little better however, grandpa will take it out for a spin every once in a while. It really is a fabulous car to drive. I wish I could have showed it to you all.

Thanks again, guys! You're the best!

Peter Gray

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 06/19/14 05:32 PM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson