Since my 250 I built 25 years ago has been sitting for about 10 years not running.
I decided to tear it apart & take a look to see if there are things I need to address before I install my turbo onto it.

Had some rust in the bores, hopefully not too bad.
One piston had the top ring stuck in the top groove (from the rust)

Everything else looked OK. IIRC, this engine has about 10-15 K miles on it after I rebuilt it.

Here is the cyl head me & my friend did.
Cant remember the CC's off hand, but it was in the high 80's?

I believe the intake is a 2.0" valve (cut down from a 2.02" valve) 1.6" exhaust.
We opened up the chambers quite a bit to lower the compression.
For when I installed a Paxton supercharger. Sold a long time ago.

Here are the upper lumps I made out of chunks a billet I hand ground, took forever & I got impatient, they did not come out the way I wanted them to.
I installed them to increase port velocity it also picked up CFM, can't recall what it helped CFM wise.

Maybe I will update them.

Here are the 307 forged SBC flap top w/4 valve relief pistons.
If you look on the inside of the piston, you can see where I milled out the inside to reduce weight.

Also the rods side grinded, polished & then shot peened.

Piston top 307 SBC.
Note the top of the bore chamfer, if you can see it?
Helps improve airflow.

Home made piston stop

Tiny degree wheel to check for TDC.
Getting it ready to install the SDS E.F.I.
I installed 1/8" magnets from the SDS system in a typical SBC 8" damper.
This damper is what really made my engine want to rev high. Smoothed out the vibs

Tywraps attached to push rods, labeled so when I reinstall them, I will install them the same way they came out.

Lifter galley

Cam gear.

Camshaft. Solid lifter, IIRC, specs are 238 in, 248 @ .050" exhaust on a 114 lobe center & .560 -.580 lift? It was made for my Paxton blower, I will reuse it for the turbo also. I think it is an Ultradyne cam.

Note: no lumps
Also intake port is stock size.
I think I will look into getting some lumps this time around.

Crane Gold 1.7 BBC rocker arms.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI