Hi all, new guy here from Arizona! I have a 71 cj5 that had a 153 swapped into it, at some point in its life. Engine had been rebuilt at some point with flat top pistons, and a marine cam. Engine sounded good, but never really ran right (worn out carb and cracked exhaust mainifold). So I have decided to modify it.
The long block so far is taken care of. freshened it up with new rings and bearings, put a slightly hotter cam in it. Specs are 204 at .050 and .441 lift, 112 lobe sep. head has been gone through, 1.94 intake valves, 1.60 exhaust, divider removed and lumps installed, I will do some porting.
so here is where im having a hard time deciding what to do. I plan on building my own intake. I have header flanges to build my own header, but I also have a spa turbo manifold. SO im thinking go N/A, usually better response and not as many parts to break. it would consist of the engine above, 32/36 dgev, and 1 1/2 long tube header.
Turbo engine is engine above, holley 350 carb modified for blow through, spa manifold, IHI turbo from ford turbo coupe should build boost fairly low. external wastegate, probably no more than 8psi. just don't know how blow through and off roading will work
The jeep weighs less than 2500 lbs with me in it. has 5.38 gears, 3 spd trans, will get granny gear in future, has a .70 overdrive. Want it to drive well on and off road.
So what do you guys think? Thanks!!!!!!