I don't feel like anyone is pressuring me, I just don't want people to feel like I'm ignoring their opinion either! There is just a certain path I'm going with this engine, and certain things are just not in my budget for this. I'm learning quite a bit from this site, and I don't want to offend people and bring my learning to halt.
This build is, as you pointed out, to be a little different. Yes, the '50 3600 it is going in would have had an inline 6 cylinder, so it will look, to most, like it's just a prettied up stock pickup. However, underneath the shiny engine paint and maybe a few shiny pieces on it, haven't decided yet, there will be a updated version (250 instead of 216/235) and upgraded with as new of technology that can be used. The TBI I am planning will be hidden and look like a carb to most, the roller rockers will be concealed, and the electronic ignition will look stock from the exterior. Lump ports will not be seen, the 5 speed will not be seen (aside from new shifter location) and the IRS will be hidden as well, although the bed floor may be raised. The whole concept of my build is new technology that will not be seen or noticed by most. I'm going to keep steelies on it with white walls, it'll hurt the handling but I'm more concerned with keeping the vintage look. People will know it's modified, but will almost always underestimate the severity.

Well, all that being said, I hope it's clear. I never intend to offend!

I really am just guessing for now, until the engine comes home (the machinist said it's ready to be picked up) I won't know my final dimensions. However, once I do get them, I'll be sure to pass along the info. Hell, once it's done (a long ways down the road, I have another pickup ahead of it) I even have a friend with a dyno so I can give out some final numbers. I'm not building it for power, but it'll still be fun to know.