Alrighty I'll give the mapp gas a try next weekend.

Yeah, 350 @ 5psi on a non turbo cam it's incredible. I told the guys at Lunati to recommend me one for 15psi. Plus I'm adding meth injection so I might be able to turn that up a hair higher but we'll see. Can't wait to see what mine will do.

I did talk it over with Tom and he said it should be fine and I imagine it will be especially with less lift. I believe him but I just want to make all the math add up too. I also want to do everything I can to prevent rounding the cam on first startup which is why I'm so concerned about the 325# spring pressure on the nose for break in. I can't find anywhere what the max spring pressures for a flat tappet cam should be.

Yeah I'll go ahead and get head studs. No machine work required for that so I might as well.

I'm going to go with the felpro 1025 because I just can't justify $200 for a head gasket especially when I've had such good luck beating up the other 1025s without a problem as well as having head studs for even more assurance.

I think I'll leave the mains stock. Seems that people have had good luck with em so why mess with a good thing.

What type of springs specs and cam did you have when turning 6500-7500?

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.