I mean I thought 1.94" was huge. In this case is bigger really better? Would it make that much difference on a forced induction engine? I'll be waiting for those flow numbers Hank.

I'd still like to have Tom do my heads but I'm not sure if he'd want to do the extra bowl work required for larger valves. Plus I don't know where to start on finding valves.
The valves I got from Tom are .342" stem diameter and about 4.970" OAL. Here are some springs that are a 2.02 with a matching 3.42" and 4.970" for a Mopar http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-9366/overview/ would that work? Are the keepers and retainers only dependent on the stem diameter or are they valve specific?

If I ended up getting a longer valve to allow for more lift (not likely but I want to know), how does that affect the spring/retainer/keeper selection? Wouldn't the higher location of the keepers increase the installed height of the spring necessitating taller springs so it doesn't lose its pressure on the seat? Or is that where you machine the pockets down to allow for the extra installed height?

When do you need to start worrying about there being enough lift for the keeper to be pressed far enough down to contact the valve seal? Or is coil bind always going to happen before this ever will?

Why isn't uncompressed height a specification given on springs? Isn't that what you would use to determine spring selection for a longer valve stem?

Last edited by snowman4839; 07/19/14 11:39 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.