Ok, here is my question; I am almost done installing a 250 in my 1987 s10 blazer, which used to be a tbi 2.8 v6. I plan on converting the 250 to tbi, with a 4.3 throttle body, and ecm. All my stock wiring harness remains intact, and the only problem that I have now is the ignition side of the swap. After much reading here and other places, then scouring all used resources and ebay, I think I came up with a solution. I found that gm made an EST ignition style distributor, for the 153 chevy 4 cylinder engines. These distributors look exactly like the distributor for the tbi v6 that was on the 2.8, but it is for the chevy 4 cylinder. My hopes are that the lower end of the distributor, is the same dimensionally, as the inline 6 is....then I can take the 4 cylinder EST distributor, gut the pickup, cap and rotor, then replace them with my 2.8 v6 pickup, cap and rotor....and voila, a 6 cylinder tbi plug and play distributor? Can anyone check, or confirm, my thoughts on the compatability of the bottom drive gear/oil pump drive mesurements, compared to the 250....or try to just drop a 4 cyl "duke" distributor into a 250 to see if it indeed fits? Thanks for any thoughts, or testing done.