Here's the hose diagram for the '78:

The EGR and EVAP are tied together. There's a manifold vacuum hose that the PCV shares with it, that runs a line to both of the two vacuum valves on top of the EVAP canister. The one on the passenger side connects on top of the valve, and the one on the driver's side connects to the bottom port on the driver's side valve. There's a thicker line that runs from the carb to the passenger side EVAP valve (I think this is the line to direct unused fuel vapors in the carb when stopped to the EVAP canister). Then another carb vacuum hose which runs to the lower thermal valve on the lower water neck, which then runs off to a red plastic splitter that directs one hose to the EGR valve and the other to top port on the driver's side valve of the EVAP canister. A bit complicated, and I'm not sure how all that works together, and which part you would cap to deactivate the EGR valve.

The PCV just runs one line off the manifold to the valve cover. The EFE runs a manifold port that has a steel line running behind the valve cover and around to a thermal valve on the passenger side of the engine block, and runs back around behind the valve cover to the EFE on the exhaust manifold. The vacuum advance for the HEI runs off a carb port to the top thermal valve on the water neck and around to the vacuum advance.

I'll try to get some pics of the mono-jet to show where the hoses hook up better.