Originally Posted By: DeuceCoupe

The Clifford is too big with that tall Powerglide+3.08 gear.
Not to worry, the lump port head will make up for it.
I'd be careful not to over-cam though if you are keeping the Powerglide and tall gears. Assuming you have 3.08's

Hold it, just one second.
I thought you said it was a toss up between the Offy & Clifford intake manifolds.

I have always stated the Clifford is has huge runners & port velocity is low, which translates to a soggy bottom end.
Drivability is affected, carb signal is poor with the Clifford.

I also stated, if your engine & car/vehicle are properly set-up correctly, the Clifford will & does make more power over the Offy.

The Offy is hard to beat on the street.

My tests between the two manifolds were only done on a 250 sized engine like your testing.

Deucecoupe, what do you think how a stock 194 C.I. engine would perform w/a Clifford?

I know you said w/your tests, there was really not a clear winner between the manifolds, but now it seems you do favor the Offy?
"The Clifford is too big "
I would like to hear your opinion of why it is too big, if both manifolds performed the same basically w/your testing.

Not starting anything here, just would like to hear what you have to say about both manifolds, since your testing was more relevant than mine was 20-30 years ago.

Testing the manifolds in a real car that runs & drives is what tells most of the story about how they perform IMO.

Thank you

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI