Originally Posted By: gbauer
Interesting...

Might reconsider the offy now...

On the camaros.net forums we were discussing 4 bbl vs 2 bbl for this build and it sounds like the 2 bbl might be better.

Would 2 1 bbl carbs actually be the way to go instead? Using an offy vs 4 bbl with a clifford? Or a single 2 bbl on an offy? If I go there can I later add an EFI system?

You guys have gone down this road many, many times. I'm new here. Ultimate goal is 300+ hp using a turbo and efi.

I.M.O.,For great throttle response it's hard to beat a 2BBL carb.

That being said, they will not provide enough airflow like a single 4 BBL carb can give.
The GM dual jet carbs are OK, but even the larger dual jet seemed to not provide enough air.

I ran a 350 CFM Holley, that was definitely too small & I never tried a 500 CFM Holley 2 bbl. Anyone here has?

I seem to have better luck when I used 4 bbl carbs that were smaller than 650 CFM.
4BBL carbs that were in the 400-500 CFM seemed to have worked best for me.

After trying the Offy & Clifford & several carbs, trying for the best combo.
I tried Quardrajets, 4bbl 750,650 600 Holleys, 350 CFM 2 BBL, small & large GM dual jet carbs, 400,500,625 AFB & AVS carbs, I even tried a Thermoquad (just to try) ALSO known as a Thermobog laugh
I finally switched to 3, 48 MM side draft Weber DCOE's.
You would not need 48 MM carbs.
They are pricey, takes time & parts to tune correctly, but the side draft were by far the best carb combo I ever ran.

I think,(but have not tried it) using a Offy intake with 2, 2 bbl carbs would work really good.

Just my opinion.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI