Originally Posted By: sparks
gentlemen, I did not flow the head and installed lumps and valves myself. I like to play with that sort of stuff, maybe an ego problem.I have a bhj dampner on it and it`s smooth all the way down the strip.The reason I put the monster carb on was I got my butt kicked by a car set up very similer to mine and (he said) he was running two 600 holleys. I did see it.The reason I was considering convertor change was I missed the shift by 400 rpm and hit the rev limiter on almost every pass. I haven`t done that in a long time.As soon as my grandkids empty my bank account this holiday, I`m going to make some of your suggested changes and take her out again. thanks

Okay I'm a 4speed Guy, BUT the stall of you convertor should not have anything to do with missing the shift and hitting the Rev limiter. This just tells me you went past what you have the chip set at on you limiter. Lets say your wanting to shift
at 4000 and your chip is 4400 Your Tach could be off. Or it could be a chip problem.
The stall is only their to stall your tranny to a set stall speed which then over rides Or try's to over ride your brakes.
( ex 3500 stall Foot on the brake you can then rpm to 3500 holding brake car does not try to move. Now say 36-3700 rpm the rear is now trying to push/move the car)

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.