Couple things: I have the stock valve cover but I'd rather stick to a chrome finish. I have a buddy around the corner who can plate it so I might talk to him about helping me plate the stocker. In the short term I'll take the chrome cover off this weekend and see if I can straighten it out some. Spreaders did help so I don't I have much to go to keep it sealed.

Secondary: It's a vac secondary. It's opening up but I think the jets are sized wrong or maybe simply clogged. I'm going to take it apart again and clean the jets to see if it runs better.

The spring is silver. I don't know if that's the right size or not. Bought the carb used. I might buy one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AED-Vacuum-Secon...fab&vxp=mtr

For $25 it's not too pricy.

Regarding the cam: Little bit at a time... I might even stop on the engine for a bit and instead swap the trans and add a posi in the rear. The trans is the part slowing the car the most now. I'd like to make the swap as easy as possible. I have a column shift. Can I get new linkage and simply swap out the glass for the gear selector? The column is painted to match the interior so I'd rather not have to swap anything other than that glass if it's possible.

Last edited by gbauer; 12/19/14 11:00 AM.