2,700-3,000rpm. 200-4r, lock up converter and 27" tires.

Nope, haven't picked up a turbo yet. Every time I look at them and see all the various variables, I've walked away. But I'm really now getting at the point I need to focus on what I'm looking to accomplish and get a turbo to get there.

Preliminarily, I want a turbo that will support at least 600 flywheel horsepower (doesn't mean I'll quite get there), and looking at running twin-scroll with two 2" feed pipes, maybe 1-7/8". Then trying to decide what size intake piping, 2.5" or 3". I figure with reverse flow cooling, the intercooler, and possible methanol injection of going upwards around 20-24psi on the good short block and professionally ported head, assuming I can keep a head gasket in it.

I have been looking at various intercoolers though, as that will be the foundation of my front end plumbing, because I want to get a new radiator with an electric water pump attached to it, but I need the intercooler size first to make sure I can get inlet/outlet lines around the radiator.

I'm thinking of running a cooling system pressure sensor to watch for the head lifting or see plainly if the head gasket starts to go. I'm pretty sure I can make the MegaSquirt throw a "check engine" light if cooling pressure oscillates too quickly.