The car does not have a catalytic converter, i checked underneath and there's only a muffler. Maybe the convertor was taken off when my grandma changed the muffler. It has a sticker that says "catalyst fgr-efe"(i dont know if that's refering to a convertor or what). I sent Mr. "just a six," who has helped me out a lot, some pics and he said i do not have an integral head and believes the car maybe was not made in the US.

I found a site, http://www.geocities.com/onamarie.geo/chevy1979.html, where it talks about caprices. From the information listed there, the car should have: 2.73:1 rear gears, a 3spd Turbo Hydra-matic automatic transmission and was made in Janesvill, WI(according to the vin).

I dont have a tach, so i cant tell you the RPMs it gets a 30 mph or anything related with one, Im thinking of getting one in the future though. I dont know what a heat riser is so maybe you could tell me so i can check it out. How else can i check for a slipping tranny, or should i just take it to one of those shops that specialize on automatic transmissions to see what they say?(I would rather check myself though to make sure) How can i determine the jet size on the carb? The carb was bought rebuilt by my grandma in the states so i dont know it was jetted for another car.

Thanks for all the help man, I really appreciate it.