Originally Posted By: Hzgray
I have a 1966 C10 shortbed truck currently running a 250 w/saginaw 3 speed and intend to install a 292 that I am rebuilding for moderate performance. Still in the parts accumulation phase for engine and trans but plan to use a T5 out of Camaro V8 (26 spline) with S10 tailhousing that I have acquired.

So now I need a suitable clutch. My concern is finding a clutch kit that will bolt up to my 292 flywheel assuming I use a 26 spline, 11 inch clutch with my original bellhousing. I am looking at ordering a clutch kit for a 71 Chevelle SS 400 SB (OEM spec). It is 26 spline 11 inch.

Unsure whether bolt patterns on Chevy pressure plates/flywheels associated with 11 inch clutches are standardized. Any idea if the above clutch kit will work with my 292 spec flywheel or other better ideas? Not looking for anything extravagant. I have used the search function and seen plenty conversion tips but may have missed this one. Thanks.

Please review this page on my website . I just did what you want to do, but with a 250ci instead of a 292.

I used a 168 tooth flywheel and what I thought was an 11 inch pressure plate. Now you have me wondering.

This is the best advice I can give you - Call Richie at Brake & Clutch Supply in Waco, Texas. I sent him my clutch disc and pressure plate and they rebuilt them. Cost me a teeny bit more than buyimg new parts made overseas. Richie is "da man".

Clutch Shop in Texas

Brake and Clutch Supply
407 So. 8th Street
Waco, Tx 76706
Talk to Richie
PH: 254-752-4307
FAX: 254-752-7533