Originally Posted By: rickoner

Hopefully somebody can lead me to a Brazilian head. Then I wouldn't have to worry about what to do while the rest of the build is going on.

I've hooked several people up in the past with one of those heads, but it isn't an overnight thing. They operate much differently down there in Brazil than we do here in the US, so it may end up being a couple of months before they can find one and get it shipped. They also are proud of those heads, and many are still in operation and on the road because they didn't come out until the mid to late 1990's, and that is what they use down there for racing also, so they don't really last too long in junk yards before they get bought up.
The last one I got priced for a guy was $600 for a complete head, but "as is", they don't tear them down or clean them to pressure test or magnaflux. Then it's $300 bucks to ship it on top of that. And like Larry said, they don't flow very good. Not sure what the current market price is on one today though, i'm sure its that much or a little more by now, and so is the shipping.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer