Rickoner.
A 292 with a 2 barrel is still some what starved for fuel. If your not wanting to put a ton of money in then I'll repeat myself. A 4 barrel, headers, and hei will help alot. Those and a 5 speed or some type of OD trans. That combo will get you better mileage and a little more power. Your mileage on the highway cruising in 5th could be as much as 16-17 vs 10-12 stock. It all depends on how you drive it..if your foots in it all the time don't expect great mileage, but if you cruise it since you only want it as a DD( I think) then you'll notice the mileage change. Don't expect a huge increase in power with just the 4 barrel and header and hei swap. 20 hp and 15 torque in the max increase but noticeable. The brazilian head will probably cost a whole lot more than just taking the stock head and lump porting it and having bigger valves put in. Price that as well. I believe it was $800 including parts for me to have my stock type head lump ported, bigger valve grind, .030 shaved, bbc studs installed, magnafluxed and checked for cracks, valves and valves springs installed...completed head for $800. Not bad at all. TJ

Last edited by TJ's Chevy; 01/30/15 12:53 PM.

1966 C10 292/tko600 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=596643
1964 C20 292/sm420