And another point,not necessarily "the point", Is that a few years ago a new design inline 6 cylinder came on the scene. Guys like Marc saw that it had great potential and started trying to develop it. They made the parts they needed because none were available. They brought their findings and enthusiasm here because this is a site dedicated to Inline engines. They were largely greeted with "It's ugly, It has too much computer stuff. It won't fit. etc. " They kept at it and now there are cams. tranny adapter, pan, simpler wiring, mounts, and lots of experience and tested information. They still get the same old same old every time a 4.2 is mentioned. Kinda; like bringing up a 194 head.

How similar is their work to that of Horning, Fisher, McGurk, Self, Sissell, Kirby and others that helped develop the more "traditional" engines. It's really the beginning for these. The 4.2 belongs here because it is an inline engine. The V engines don't and aren't so it doesn't matter how much power they can make. The comparison should be to other inlines. If you don't like them that's OK, but they are here and they belong. I like my flintlock too but I probably won't grab it when the bad guys show up. Tradition deserves respect but modern has some advantages. grin

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain