[quote=gbauer

Regardless I still say he's going the wrong way on it. Should get a cam and bigger carb and do some head work. I don't think he can do much if anything on the intake and exhaust.

...but a nice bottle would fit in his rig... [/quote]

I hate to go & put a larger camshaft w/out being able to bump up the compression up a bit.
With the factory tolerances, most would be lucky to have 8.5:1.
More likely has 8.0:1
The guy does not want to put different pistons in the engine.

Just a bolt on a compression increase, enter the 194 cyl head!!! whistle

This is an easy way to bump up the compression.

I would install 1.85" intake valves , 1.6" exhaust valves, mild port job.

Hate to repeat myself blush, but when I ran a 194 head, it was by far best my car ever ran naturally aspirated.

Other guys have set records when running a 194 head.

Not bragging mind you, my car ran 14.3 (which I feel is slow) in the 1/4 mile @ 3000+ ft altitude track, with a 10:0 compression large chamber head, Clifford headers, wide ratio Muncie 4 speed trans, Clifford intake & 4 BBL carb, & 4:10 rear gears.

I later switched a shaved down 194 cyl head, ran 12:0 compression ratio, each cyl had 220-230 psi of cranking compression, I also later switched to 3 DCOE 48 MM Webers, & installed a TH350 trans w/a 3500 stall converter.

With that combo, it ran 13 seconds in the 1/4 with a 4 BBL intake & also with the DCOE's, but much better authority & better fuel distribution with the DCOEs.

A nitrous system works great also, would not recommend one in an engine with cast pistons though.

I just got tired of getting the bottles refilled constantly.
It get's old pretty fast IMO.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI