Originally Posted By: snowman4839
I've made a few changes regarding a few parts. Instead of doing another uppipe for my Chevy 292 manifold, I'm going to switch to a SPA manifold. Don't know if the turbo will fit your chassis, check to make sure it will fit, also a T4 turbo is physically larger than what you currently have. It also makes wastegate placement a hell of a lot easier. Has anyone ever seen one for a Chevy I6 with a T4 turbo instead of the T3? I'd rather buy one used but I've never seen a T4 one.

I'm also probably going to go with a throttle body EFI system. Most I have seen will go up to like 15psi which was only a little less than I planned on running. Plus they'll support up to 650hp which I figured would be the most I would ever make with this setup on a good day anyway. I really just want to take away the guesswork of the carb and make it a turn-key car. But the best part is that some of the EFI setups like MSD's Atomic EFI allow for the same function of a BTM box so it'll automatically retard timing in boost which saves me buying that other box. Sounds pricey, still will have fuel distribution problems.

Anyone ever looked at the differences of the clifford vs the offenhauser on a turbo setup? Just curious if it's worth the swap.
I have looked @ the differences between the two & believe the Offy is a better choice for blow through turbo app because of the abrupt 90 degree turns.

On a side note, got the car to Mississippi where I live so I can do body work on the weekends without the long drive home. Got a decent chunk done at the end of my Spring Break. Looking less and less like a beater every day.

Need to post some pics of the progress.

Goodluck!

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI