This is the information we needed. Linda told me that it was frustrating because things have taken longer than expected. I read her column in the latest 12 Port and it explains what the group is trying to do. I wish it had been posted here.

I think I can give some insight into why the BB and website have not helped us as much as they could. It is partly as Linda told me that it is supported by old technology. I think that made it hard to keep things up to date. Just for example the last "From The Front" is from the Fall of 2013. The same is true with "Chapter Chatter". Since those are just reprints from the 12 Port that could be an easy fix that would tell users that the club is still alive. There are only 17 Tech Tips and the Race rules are from 2009. Some of the links in the "Casting #s" no longer work. The calendar is from 2014. These kinds of issues have probably not given new viewers the best impression of us. I think the "Member Pages" could be a great asset. Maybe a 12 Port Archive could be there. The Chapter pages will also put some of the responsibility on the locals.

Although the search feature on the BB is some better than it was my latest search only went back to 2013. I remember a few years ago that there was a problem and I think that in order to keep the BB up a limit was placed on searches. This may be taken care of with the new system but if someone comes here looking for information and they can not access the vast information from the early days of this Board they won't stick around.

Several of the members of my local were concerned about the club roster and their information being accessible on the website. Some were concerned about it even being on the internet. They asked if there could be an option on the application form to opt out of the roster.

All together it sounds like it should be a more functional site and maybe it will help attract and keep new members.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain