I am glad that our concerns have given you so much to laugh at. I hope it brightens you day. I thank you for being a part of making our information more secure. The tone of your responses is also reassuring as it makes it plain that the issues of club members is of great importance to you.

I know that our information has been on the internet for years and will be. That is probably necessary for management of information and club business. I do know that the roster has been printed and distributed yearly for a long time. Even that was a concern for some. Those are on paper and I would bet that most of them no longer exist. They have been burned, composted, shredded, or are buried in a landfill. Some are sitting on book shelves mostly in members homes. But where ever they are we can do nothing about them. That is no excuse to keep putting it out there especially on the internet. My house can be broken into but I still lock the doors.

From what Linda told me we will all be getting a user name and password to access the new site or at least the Member Pages. One of the things we will be able to do is print our own copy of the roster when ever we want. So anyone with $28-$32 has access anytime. I realize that there a lot of places where information about us is available but should we add to it? Or more importantly should the club add to it without our knowledge or permission?

In our area a residential burglary ring was recently operating.They were working in 4 counties. They were using cell phones and computers to pick the best place and times to hit. What a handy piece of information our roster along with our event calendar would be for them. I'm not much of a criminal anymore but I could use the heck out of it. You know the club officers will be at the conventions for days. The local officers will be at Chapter events. They were usually in and out in minutes.

Since your suggestion is that the best thing I can tell our members is, "Sorry guys the train has left the station...." the best information you have offered is," When a member becomes inactive, their name is removed from the roster and the Chapter Head is notified." Is that our only option?

I'm sorry to be so "silly" and I'm sorry to be treated in such a dismissive manner.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain