I'm helping another Chevy truck guy get his set up with a Jeep shaft. You are correct. The bell housing you have will work just fine. The Jeep shaft is often available on eBay. The 10 spline is what you want. Don't get the 14 spline Jeep shaft.

Here's a list of things to do and purchase.

Buy new NWC Jeep input shaft - needs to have 21 gear teeth and 10 splines. Motive Gear part 1351085008R Summit Racing is currently on back order. Try eBay.

Buy a new small bearing parts kit. Get off eBay or you might save money from a transmission shop .

New input shaft tapered bearing - Buy a Timken LM48548 tapered bearing.

Cut the input shaft bearing retainer to the proper length. See my Jeep Shaft Swap slide show.

Buy black high temp RTV sealant.

Get a small jar of vaseline.

Cut hole in cab floor.

Buy 3 quarts of Penzoil Synchromesh transmission fluid (Autozone or other parts store)

Get the correct 27 spline slip yoke (from an S10, S15, 3rd generation Camaro or Firebird or Astro van)

Get drive shaft shortened and get new U joints so they match the yoke and rear connections. Here's how to measure .

You might take a look at my COMPLETE T5 INSTALLATION too. It's got more steps than what the Jeep install would need but helps some folks see what's involved.
Send me a PM and I can share more info via email if you want.

Last edited by Lugnutz; 03/22/15 10:32 PM.