Originally Posted By: 47Thriftmaster250
So I got the intake on and soon realized that the long tube headers don't fit with the Offy intake. Of course it wouldn't. I should've known. Two steps forward, one step back.
Anyway, I separated the manifolds and used the exhaust manifold and got everything bolted up. After fixing a few leaks, the (swap meet special) carb seemed ok, but the choke wouldn't open up, and started to run rough. Even though I rebuilt it, it was so old that a lot of the gaskets had to be wire-brushed off, and I don't know how the adjustment screws were set.
So, I did what I should've done from the start, I ordered a new carb for it. It should be here later today. New Holley 1850SA (aluminum) 600 with manual choke. Of course it's calling for rain on and off today and tomorrow. And, we're supposed to move in a week or so, and I still have to start packing up the garage/shop and bolt the front-end parts onto the truck so I can move it on the car trailer.
Hopefully, this carb issue will be over once the new one comes.

So, since I can't use the Flowtech long tube headers with the Offy intake. What headers do you guys with Offy 5416's use? I figured I'd get a set from Langdon's for $277. Is that the best choice?
Thanks

If denting the tubes doesn't do the trick my Langdon headers bolted right up for the most part. I did have to trim the ears on the offy around the mounting holes (I haven't figured out how to have two chunks of metal in the same place at the same time yet...) and had to trim a bit around the temp sensor but other than that it clears my power steering bracket and everything else fine. Big difference in power too!

I ceramic coated mine with VHT. Not the preferred method but it's holding up well and looks good.