Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
So it seems that you are saying that you cannot make a better cam profile than a stock "H" cam specs, & if you do make a different pattern camshaft it cannot work?

You do not need to "race" your car to have & use a better performing camshaft.
Could have a custom camshaft that makes better mileage that performs better than stock.

The TheSilverBuick guy here on this BB has installed the "H" camshaft & seems displeased with the output as it cannot reach the peak RPM that Pontiac says it can make power to.
He is using a better fuel distribution Megasquirt, EFI, distributer less ignition, yada, yada yada.
Are they supposed to pull to 6500 RPM?

Good luck with your search.

MBHD

Yes I know Randal very well. I just spoke with him a few weeks ago. The older 66/67 OHC's were "rated" to rev to 6500rpm but Pontiac was having too many repair problems and warranty issues that they blamed on AC units but there could have been more to it than that. They lowered the performance to 5500 rpm after that for all OHC's. My 69 Sprint with a H cam pulls to 5400 rpm and beyond according to the hood tach I have on it. What Randal is getting I have no idea but I do know that he is not running an H camshaft. I believe he has a custom grind camshaft that might be a touch better than the H but he has a 1bbl cam in there right now.