Originally Posted By: Twisted6 I.I #3220
If it only has 28K on it I wouldn't worry about adjusting it.

I drove it from MD to NC and back over the last 4 days for our 10 year anniversary and the trans worked flawlessly so I'd agree with that.

1,000 miles in 4 days. 300+ for three full days of great driving and 1 day of boating, partying, and eating.

The trip started off in Frederick, MD, went down rt 340 to Skyline drive, drove the whole 100 miles of Skyline, stopped at a winery at the end (Veritas: I'd highly recommend it! Excellent wine. Bring lots of money) and continued on to Roanoke to spend the night. From there we headed over to Sneads Ferry, NC (on the ocean near the NC and SC border) where we shacked up with some friends. Sunday morning we left and headed up 95 to DC and back home to Frederick.

Burning oil, though. Ran through a quart every fill up. Glad I had the oil pressure gauge and temp gauge now. Car never over heated and ran pretty well. Still fighting an off-idle stumble and had to change squirters from my #28 to my #35 when I went from 5,000 ft to sea level. I couldn't find a #32 anywhere but that seems to be the correct one for the car. It's on my to-do list now.

I doubt the car has 30k miles on it now. Oil pressure was only reading 20 psi while running down the highway and 10 at idle (but that might be due to the gauge or how it was routed: mechanical gauge).

She pulls very hard all the way to the speed limit (and a fair bit beyond...).

I brought every tool imaginable for the trip and didn't need any of them. I'd call that success!

I'll upload a few pics in a bit. Didn't take any gratuitous engine shots because it's covered in pollen. The engine bay is dirtier than it's ever been since I've owned it! That will be fixed this weekend.

Idle is a bit rough still. Almost like it has a cam. It might for all I know. Any way to tell without pulling the engine apart?

In the end it was a fun trip with no break downs, she drove well, tracked straight, got attention everywhere and really hummed along on the highway like a modern car.

Thanks to everyone for their advice on the board. All of it helped make the car fun and reliable. Now I get to spend the summer keeping it clean, taking it for cruises with the kids, and collecting a few trophies from local car shows. Should be a great summer!

Last edited by gbauer; 04/13/15 09:59 AM.