Drove it on Sunday a bit. Idling rough now. I think I need to recheck my valve lash. Things loosened up on the long drive a bit and I'm starting to question my valves. Just a gut feeling.

I'm also going to try to fine tune the carb. Getting out the old vacuum gauge to adjust the idle mixture screws then rechecking timing (about a degree too advanced right now), idle speed, lowering the cold fast idle setting (too high now), and messing with the power pump cam. Also going to check the intake/exhaust bolts for snugness.

First, though, is the valve lash. I'll back each one off until they make noise then tighten 1/2 turn.

Running her hard for so long might have opened up some partially clogged oil passages, etc.

At idle I'm only reading 10psi for the oil pressure. I wonder if I need to bleed the pressure sensor line. It's on my to-do list as well. As the line naturally bleeds off a bit I'm noticing my reading has gone up about 5 psi at speed. I think the air bubbles in the line are causing it to read a little low.

Still have that off-idle stumble when I mash the gas. I can't floor it off the line but rather have to go half throttle until she's moving then floor it. Going to check float levels as well. I thought it was right but she's acting like there isn't enough gas when I floor it for a split second. Probably more to do with the accelerator pump arm adjustment.

At wide open the secondary seems to be opening as it should and I have lots of power. No problem there. Just a slight clack so I think the timing is just a tad advanced. Might need to do something about the vacuum advance. Advice there?

Soon it'll be time to just let it ride until next winter. Then it'll be a mild cam, lumps, clean up the head, new valves, new valve guides, inspect the lower end and cruise to Ohio for a little get together with you guys. Maybe EFI if funds allow. Definitely a new trans with more than 2 gears.

The following winter will be turbo time and rear end work to take it.

FInal goal is 400 hp at the rear wheels.