Sorry for the confusion. I neglected to put that those pressures were the max recommended *for break in*. Tom said the behives I have installed were 125lbs @ seat and 265lbs @ .540. Since my cam has a lift of .5145, it should have a open pressure of just under 260lbs over the nose.

Lunati recommended 1.85" spring height (mine is 1.8" but with >.6" to bind), 125 seat (mine is 110lbs), and 325lbs open (mine is 260lbs) but mine are beehive and those recommendations are for dual spring setups. I'm not that incredibly concerned with it since it probably won't see past 6k.

I didn't remember the spring pressures, but I have the cam lube put on already and I got some Royal Purple break in oil with the ZDDP additives so I'm a lot less worried about it and will probably just break it in with these springs.

It's a hydraulic flat tappet. Didn't have even consider getting a roller cam really because it's an old-style motor

I'm still looking at that super t-10 with the high ratios (3.10,2.10,1.6, 1.0 or something like that) with a 2.73 or 2.9x rear end so that I can highway cruise at low RPM and so that they're spread out enough to keep the engine under load long enough to make building into boost worth the shift.

Tom - I'll get settled into my job and look into the trip.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.