[quote= Probably upgrade the trans to a TH350 or 400 at that time as well. Looked into going 700r4 or even a 4L80 but both seem like overkill for a weekend cruiser.

Intercooler (probably no water or meth injection: street car), bigger exhaust, etc.

I want to keep the little 250 badge on the car and pass big blocks at the track. As is I walk my buddy's stock 327. I'm going for bigger fish next. [/quote]

TH400 trans is a bit of over kill for a 6 cyl also.

The trans that drops in w/out needing to change the driveshaft or trans mount, a 200R4.
The 4L80E & 700R4 both require swapping driveshaft & cross members.
Having OD makes for freeway runs much more enjoyable. Plus better acceleration ,(better gearing) , having better gearing is like adding HP/torque to your engine. All positives , just cost, not so positive.

Meth or water injection is exactly what you use on a street car, when turbo charging, it just makes sense to use, because you are not going to be filling up on race gas for a street car.
Meth or water injection is just like race gas performance while running pump gas.
Even if you are not racing, it just makes sense to inject water just to reduce the chance of detonation.

A couple of friends use this system http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/19-universal, they do not race, just daily drivers.
Gives then peace of mind plus there cars do not detonate anymore after their installs.
One has it on a 2001 Pontiac GTP, supercharged, other 2004 Jetta turbo.
Both are very happy they installed it & glad they did install it.

AS far as my methanol system I use, best thing ever I installed, made the biggest improvement over any other modification I installed.
Not to mention, it does not detonate anymore.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI