I got the new balancer installed today. I ended up getting it from Amazon.com for $60, but I had to cross the border to get it. Removal was impossible without pulling the radiator and fan. The puller I borrowed was home made and had 3 hooks on it, but the hooks grappled the outer ring and pulled it clean off the inner ring. The rubber seal cracked into about 10 pieces. I managed to use 3 x 3/8" bolts with the puller to yank the rest off, but it took a lot longer than expected. I opted to try the stove top method shocked to install the new one. I put it face up on my stove element for about 3 minutes on high (I stood there holding the belt grooves until I couldn't hold it any more) and then ran it outside with gloves on and pushed it on the crank by hand. Got it about 9/10ths of the way on but ended up having to wack it about 10 times in the center with a rubber mallet, but it went on super easy. Probably took about 8 minutes to heat & install the new one.

I put it all back together with the new HEI and it works pretty good at what looks like 6' advance (3 lines advanced of zero). That being said, when I was coming home from a test run, I had the pedal down all the way and was going about 15mph up a steep hill I can normally zip up (30-40mph?) without issue. Once it leveled out I could feel the car accelerate quickly. Seems like I have some hesitation at the low end. Not sure how that has come up. Perhaps I need to play with the timing some more or double check all my connections.

I've got a little over a grand in the turbo savings... it's about time to buy some parts. I'll probably get the engine parts first and save the eBay stuff for last as my chances of a DOA return are better if I don't have it for 5 months before I try it.

Thanks for your continued support.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca