Thanks a heap everybody! A bunch of replies and more questions...

The Frenchtown Flyer: I'm nervous about cutting it off or bending. It's too expensive just in case it needs a warranty return. I plan to keep it for decades...

gbauer: Wow, great pictures and explanations! I'm not doing the water heating yet. I'll do the full engine and headers in the fall so sticking with the stock manifold. Just hope the heat riser isn't broken. I didn't realize "grok" was Heinlein's. We use it a lot at work (yes, i'm a techhie).

gbauer/MBHD/Twisted6: I've got a throttle rod currently, no cable. Also have automatic transmission which also has a rod. The new carb has what appears to be a vacuum line for the power brakes, so I'll end up plugging both holes. Your picture helped a bunch.

I'm going to take my time on this. This weekend, i'll finish dismantling the emissions pump, removing the tubes going into the head and manifold and plugging the holes. I'll also mock up the carburetor with cable and pushrod if rotated. I really like the idea of rotating it. Need to look over the clearances to the valve covers, how well the mechanism all works.

Does anybody want an airpump??? I've got some 195/70R14 tires with wheels for sale too, only 2500 miles. (can't post to swap meet yet)

More questions coming this weekend!

Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250