She runs! She runs! Well, at least she starts in the garage!

Started up just fine about three times. Running smooth, it didn't make the garage smell putrid, although my wife claims she was smelling it. The idle is a bit high. Need to fix the choke and exhaust.

Thanks everybody for your help! Too many replies to quote, they're all appreciated.

On the exhaust, the threads on one bolt are completely gone on the lower end. I hooked up just one bolt, but it's leaking like a sieve and won't cut it. What I need is a thin donut. The new felpro that came with the kit is thicker than the original which makes it even worse. Maybe I should retap the threads just thinner than the original bolt. Well, the previous owner got it onto the bolt with stripped threads, I should be able to as well. I need some sort of crank case breather too.

gbauer, great tips, and thanks for the offer to help. I found some posts on the Camaro site on 12V taps. My old carb didn't have any wires to it, but I found a 12V wire nearby to the windshield wiper motor. Hooked it up and it draws the power down to 4V, so back to finding another convenient tap. I may move the throttle linkage in the fall when I do the engine.

Thanks!
Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250