ANY cam up to 264 advertised duration (220-range @ .050 lift) will be a massive improvement over stock! That said, with STOCK compression, I would base my selection on WHERE THE INTAKE VALVE CLOSES, the EARIER the valve closes, the LONGER the compression stroke - MORE time to compress the a/f charge. Closing the intake LATER allows for more cylinder filling at a higher RPM, thus moving the torque and HP curves upwards in the band.

Schneider Cams have been in my backyard for 50+ years, and I have NEVER herd a negative comment about them! I run their 'iron-cross' decals on my '57 Chevy, despite the CROWER cam in my 235. TWICE, I have been snake-bit by Crower parts, and I wouldn't buy a cotter pin from them! I will go to Schneider for my 261 build - regrind both the cam and lifters. Depends IF I want to spend the $$$ for forged pistons for more compression, how big of a cam I'll run... smile

Tom Langdon knows these engines like the back of his hand - as does Patrick! BUT, I would sidestep Patrick and order the cam direct from Tom - might be cheaper and faster!

I would also discuss with Tom about recurving the HEI - that might also help with power!

GOOD to see you here! smile Take Care, Tim