Today I installed the TransGo shift kit. The kit provided several spring combinations but I went with the stock governor springs and the Orange "competition/prostreet" spring on the 2-3 shift. Took me about 4 hours to install, a solid hour involved removing the tranny mount bar (crossmember?) as I couldn't access the rear pan bolts. Not too difficult but with cleaning and finding the right tools, it took longer than expected.

I test drove it before and after, noting some obvious improvements after the fact. The gear shifts are a little harder, and it holds first and 2nd longer than before. It's quite obvious the late shifts allow for quicker acceleration and more power between gears. Being able to manually shift is wicked as I can really stretch 1st out and roar down the street. Manually switching from 1st to 2nd is satisfying as is responds well. It's also really nice to be able to downshift when going uphill as it always wanted to crawl uphill in 2nd before.

Much fun indeed. The engine is running well and I don't think there is anything else I can do before I rebuild it for the turbo. Guess it's time to buy some parts.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca