Another update, I've added an intercooler and aluminum piping kit to my parts bin. I'll list the parts below with more detail. Couple questions at bottom as well.

I paid $100 for a FMP Racing 28"x9"x2.5" T6061 Polished Aluminum Bar & Plate Intercooler with 2.5" inlet/outlets. It lists a Compressed air flow rate of 600cubic feet/min and a pressure drop: 0.2-0.5 at 15PSI. Since I'll be keeping it near 10# boost it should be fairly efficient. It was tough to find an intercooler that was 2.5" thick with the same size inlets. I found several 2.75" thick with 2" inlets but I wanted to keep the flow as high as possible while keeping a narrow width. This intercooler should fit right in front of the radiator but low enough to not interfere with the hood latch assembly. It should allow the top 8" or so of radiator to remain exposed as well, which is good for cooling I'm sure.

<-- Clickable

Then I grabbed a $101 set of 3" Polished Aluminum piping by CXRacing. Nothing special here really but I liked that CXRacing was my Turbo brand and provided 2mm thick pipes, a lot of the other similar kits were 1.5 and some 1.8 so these should be fairly sturdy. I went polished as the intercooler and BOV pipe were both polished. I'll surely need some more for the downpipe fab, but we'll cross that bridge later.

<-- Clickable

I've got an email in to CompCams for the custom cam grind (218/218 .499/.499 on a 114 lobe separation) and lifters they recommended a couple months ago. I'll sign off on the specs and pay tomorrow. If anyone thinks this will not due my build justice, please speak now.

My budget system auto-saves me $100 a week. I need about 2-3 weeks to afford Tlowe's forged pistons and lump kit. I assume my stock 250 has cast 5.7" rods? Remembering I have a flimsy budget, will they work for this setup? My research indicates they will hold unless I start pushing more than 6500rpm, which I don't see happening.

Thanks for all the help,

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca