Turbo6,
Choke? Funny! My current 2 BBl does not have one either. Cold mornings can be rough.

EFI-DIY,
You are correct about the Quadrajets, but they are now rare to find. I am just trying to make a very common, easy to find, cheap carb be better suited for our small engines.

Messed with it more tonight. Changed the secondary spring to a lighter one. Took it out. The secondary's are opening at about the right time while accelerating. No bog, just acceleration. I like it. Nice setup.

Back at the shop, changed over to the 750 based carb. Had trouble with the dual feed fuel line hitting on the head. I am mounting the carb oriented as normal. Primaries forward and secondary's back. Had to bend the fuel line up and out at a 45 to clear the head. Got it all done and fired her up. idled the same, but has fuel leaking into the secondary's. I should have known better. Did not take the back side apart and replace gaskets. Took it for a drive. It seemed the same as the 600 but maybe not as responsive at low RPM. The secondary's came in too late. Need to change the spring too.

With these modified carbs, it is definitely a different mannered engine. The idle was rougher with the 2 BBl progressive and taking off with 2.56 gears was a test of skill on the throttle and clutch. Rpm's quickly went to 4K and would still climb but slow.
The modified carbs idle better and hit 5 K in no time, infact faster by far than before. Coming off the line, no more test of skill, it cleanly pulls the gearing. Jake pointed out to me how he thought it pulled harder. It is because the engine has 1K more in the RPM range for shifts.
I do have a G-Tech Pro RR ordered. Should be a good tool to help verify things.

Will get the 750 3BBl rebuilt and retest with no fuel leaks.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com