This is one of the most interesting threads I have read in some time. If when going down the road at 55 or so with the throttle opened just a small amount the carb will be using a lot of idle/off idle fuel circuits. This is one of the reasons fuel economy would be less than ideal. From my very limited understanding of Holley carbs, they are very poor at operating in this area but very good when "loaded" like at 1/3 to1/2 throttle for example. Having a 1 bbl on takeoff I would think would be a lot crisper than both primary barrels of a 600 Holley. IIRC the engine in the wagon has a 270 duration cam? If so it could use a lot more air than a stock crammed engine. This is why I am trying out a duel jet. A little more air than a small base 2gc but the triple venturi set up will keep volicity high for good response and gas mileage. The downside is I won't quite have enough air even for a stock cam. Please keep us informed and thanks for comming up with a new idea. I remember a test by Deuce. Coupe on a stock 292. I believe he posted that the engine only "wanted" about 300 cfm based on a paper clip test. This would be about 423 cfm in two barrel terms. Jay6155

Last edited by intergrated j 78; 08/23/15 09:20 PM.