Just got back from about a 1000 mile round trip. The wagon performed flawlessly with a full load. We went to the HAMB Drag Nationals in Joplin Mo. Saw a few inliners and talked with plenty of inline guy's.

We ran the modded 750 on the trip down. It took 2 tanks to get there. It averaged 15 MPG and the tailpipe is black. I did not bring any jets to lean it down. Drats! But it ran great. I would expect it to be able to duplicate what the progressive Holley 500 did for mileage (19-22MPG). So in the parking lot, the boy's and I changed to the modded 600. The next morning we took off for the drags. Going thru the traffic in Joplin was good and it started raining. About 4 miles of stop and go and it started idling higher. We pulled off and I idled it down. Took off and it fell on it's face and died. Popped the hood and looked down the carb, my plug had worked out, exposing the hole bore with no fuel. Luckily, the plug was stopped by the throttle shaft. We waited for the rain to cease and swapped back to the 750 and continued the rest of our trip.
Got home this afternoon and replaced the plug and swaged it in much harder. It is now installed and is working fine. Will test the Modded 600 for fuel mileage also.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com