Hey, I thought I'd start my build thread. You all have taught me a whole lot over the past six months and now the plan is coming together. I'll pull the engine in October with hope to have it running sometime around the first of the year, give or take a month. My goal is 200+ HP for street use with a similar feel to a good SUV.

Here's what's on the plan.

Engine
230 -> 250 upgrade
Tom Lowe lump ported head, big valves, moderate CAM
(likely) 0.40 over forged aluminum flat-top pistons
Tom Langdon exhaust headers
Considering Vintage Air A/C add on
(already done)
Holley 4BBL, 390 CFM
Offenhauser intake
New HEI

Drive train
Powerglide to 200r4 upgrade
3.08 to 3.73 rear end (unlikely to be this winter)

I've found a machine shop and am gathering parts. Outstanding questions and decisions

1) CAM: exactly which one? A moderate one. TLowe's got a good one Hy-Torq. 206 degrees duration @ .050 lift, .495 lift at valve, 110 lobe separation. Tom mentioned the Langdon's marine camshaft and a few others, I think the Comp CAM 52/252, Lift .440/.440. Tom recommended getting closer to .500 lift to match the head.

2) Exhaust: single or dual? Catalytic convertor: what brand and how? (yes, I'll really put one in. it's about the smell that gets into the house.)

3) 200r4: I have a lead on a transmission shop. Found the PG->4 Speed conversion kit. Need to decide on the torque converter.

Many more questions to come, just a start.

Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250