This weekend the conversion to headers begins. Doing this now before pulling the engine because of the doubt of the state of muffler (maybe it's obstructing a bit).

Talked with Muffler King guy today. I'm going stick with my plan to bring the two headers into a Y pipe, catalytic converter, the quietest muffler that will fit and bring the pipe out the driver side. I don't like the transverse muffler setup as it appears to heat the gas tank just a bit (maybe it's leaking).

He thought 2-2.25" for the final size, but he may not have run into a lump port head. I plan to stick with 2.5" unless somebody convinces me otherwise.

I've misplaced my notes from when I talked to Tom Langdon. They're here somewhere. Do you know what size and type of pipe attaches to the header? It looks like 2".

I'll be running my heater hoses directly to the water cooling for the time being since I'm pulling the engine in another month or so. No need for heat this time of year. Is there anything special I'll need to do to the Offy intake other than install the plate with a good gasket?

Thanks!
Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250