New stainless exhaust from Stan's is now on the car. Very high quality work, fully welded. Beautiful rumble at idle, not super loud on the highway. I went with 2.5" stainless pipes, a single in-dual out stock muffler for a v8. No catalytic converter after all.

There's a big vibration at certain RPM and car speed that I'll need to take it back for. I went with more stock hidden output, but after looking at it, I think have a chrome tips straight out the back is the way to go. When I get it back in, i'll have that done too. The rumblings seem to bring out more rattles under the dash.

It feels like a touch more power, I'll do my 0-60 this afternoon, but the engine still runs like cr*p.

I suspected previous muffler having a leak, my gas tank would have positive pressure after driving. I drove this 45 minutes, got gas and zero excess pressure. Whew, maybe the other was a disaster waiting to happen.

Pipes go into the "Y" before making the bend. He had a hard time getting the custom "Y" just right, had to tack it into place on the car, take it to the bench for the final welding.

Y-pipe bottom view

Very even profile, the exhaust hardly hangs lower than anything else in the car. I think this is tucked in tighter than the previous exhaust.

Tucked in nicely, no restrictions with driveshaft.

Pipes coming out the back. I didn't get a good picture of the muffler itself, but it was a lot of bends. Something a mechanical engineer would love!

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250