Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
Stan,
Here is a couple examples of thermostat housings and one example of a housing with threads on the top for a return.

Wow Tom thanks a bunch! I think I have seen about 8-10 variations of these housings!
So If my understanding is correct, you would definitely not want your return from the manifold going into the top port of the housing like the top pic, because it is above the Tstat. Correct?

In the lower pic you could use either the top or bottom port because they are below the Tstat. Correct?

The housing I have looks similar to the bottom one you are showing only my ports are on the passenger side. Remember I have the correct 292 pump with the big bypass hose on the drivers side.

I think what I am going to do is pick up my supply from the drain plug as you recommended. Then return it into the lower port in my housing (the one you have your thumb on).

I am still confused as to why I cannot put this spacer http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-706001-vcq under the top hat and use the supplied port for the return from the manifold. From the pic it looks as if the Tstat sits on top of the spacer and the inlet port would be below. What am I missing here?