While I wait... I need to order more stuff. Not sure if it's because I need the parts or I'm just addicted to online part shopping.

Machine shop said my fiber gear was a POS and I needed the steel/alum combo. He specifically suggested not bothering with the adjustable keyway version as he believed I'd be satisfied with stronger stock gears and timing. If I take his suggestion, how about this Melling Timing Gear Sets (2528S)?

I'd like to hope my chosen machine shop is on the ball but I can't be certain how many turbo'd 250s he's worked on and how seriously he took my "I'm on a budget" speech. Sure, I'm on a budget but I don't want to regret it later. However, even if I had the Cloyes gears, I don't have the tools to degree the cam. Gear price difference and tools would probably be another $150CAN, which is becoming a lot of money right now. Is it worth it?

Also.. He said he'd through the main seal in for me and I realized I don't have any gaskets yet. So I'm seeing this Sealed Power Gasket Set (260-1005) as the cheapest brand name set.

Any objections to those linked parts?

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca