Originally Posted By: gbauer
So from what I'm getting from everyone and everything is a stock engine can run 87 octane at 6 psi safely. How much more pressure can be run if mid grade is used? Premium?

I don't know much about that but I've read Snowman's turbo build thread half a dozen times and their is a lot of tidbits on what he was able to achieve with stock parts. Even though I've learned tons from his thread a lot of it was a lesson on how to take risks and pay for it later. I'd bet if the stars aligned you could go higher than 6# but it would increase the likelihood of detonation and inevitable part damage. The way I understand it, with a carbeurator setup and no timing retard device the tuning has to be spot on to achieve efficient power while avoiding knock. The higher end parts will take a lot more abuse before failing, which I may need to get the tuning right. Plus, with different torque levels, gaskets, weak cylinder walls and all kids of unknown precurser issues, one engine might hold up to 10# while the next is shot at 4#.

I'm kinda talking out of my ass just to give you my no-actual-experince opinion.

Ian

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca