Originally Posted By: stock49
[quote=stan z.]
I am assuming that this top port is the return from the heater (correct)?

Direction of coolant flow is not always obvious. The upper heater hose is actually the source of coolant flow from the block (note it is below the thermostat - which is normally closed). The lower heater hose is plumbed into the water pump inlet creating draw from the block through the heater core and 'returning' back into the block (even when the thermostat is closed). That is when the manually controlled passenger compartment heater "demand" valve is open thereby calling for heat.

This still has me somewhat confused......In my other thread about heating the Clifford intake, It was said that the lower port on the T-stat housing is at low pressure and allows the intake to evacuate. If that is true how can the port directly above it be under pressure to supply the heater? I have to admit I am pretty stupid (barely made it out of High School) but for some reason my common sense tells me that the intake is not evacuating but is being heated by staginate water until the T-stat opens. This makes my head hurt!!!!!!!!!
[/URL]