Originally Posted By: stan z.
This still has me somewhat confused......In my other thread about heating the Clifford intake, It was said that the lower port on the T-stat housing is at low pressure and allows the intake to evacuate. If that is true how can the port directly above it be under pressure to supply the heater? I have to admit I am pretty stupid (barely made it out of High School) but for some reason my common sense tells me that the intake is not evacuating but is being heated by staginate water until the T-stat opens. This makes my head hurt!!!!!!!!!

Let's go back to your original picture from the other thread:
Facebook

If you are plumbed only into the block side of coolant circuit this is likely the case. There is no difference in the pressures/flow between those two holes on the passenger side of the thermostat housing.

The thing to keep in mind here is that every opening in the water pump housing is an inlet sucking/feeding coolant to the impeller spinning in the block. So the stock plumbing for the heater core is the nipple on the thermostat housing (flowing from the block to the core) returning to inlet on the water pump just above the lower radiator hose.

If your Clifford is plumbed to the rear pet cock drain hole and the thermostat housing then there is no direct action from the water pump on that circuit.

What I have no experience with (as I am a stovebolt guy) is the third re-circulation input on the drivers side of your set up. As I understand it - this creates constant positive flow from the top of the block back into the water pump which in turn pushes coolant back into the center of the block. In the stovebolts the water pump simply presses against the water pressure in the block waiting for the thermostat to open.

This re-circulation may promote some flow through your Clifford.